Hello again. Wow, another summer is nearly done! (I can not bring myself to say end of summer until the official end of summer!) This is a very new time of year for me. There is no back to school for my family this year. I have been a career Mom so this represents a...
December first is when my family kicks it into Christmas! The outside lights likely have been on for a few nights already. Hubs would love to turn them on the day after Halloween. I like to keep it closer to December as it makes is more special for me. Maybe it’s all my time spent in retail during my youth but holiday music, the lights and stuff, just December for me. I love the Christmas spirit: the giving, the hope, the love, the cozy wintery evenings spent with my family … the stuff sometimes not as much. Which brings me to some holiday season thoughts…
As you go through these next few weeks remember true gifts are from the heart, which I think is time, especially in this day and age. Family and Friends really want to connect, to spend time together. Gifts are secondary and optional. Yes, of course, I would love for the Holiday shoppe to be empty at the end of December. And that my events are well attended. But the hustle and bustle should not take you or your bank account out. So hugs to you all. Make December and the Holiday season what you need them to be. And when and if you shop, please shop small and local.
This leads me to my website, decorated for the Holidays and with an updated Canada post option. Another shipping option, if you are in Ottawa is our local delivery service, Gopher it. An excellent service, Same Day and Regular are options that I have used often. And have saved me so much time when I have. Of course, studio pick up is another option. And you can always reach out if you want or need another shipping option or if you have any questions.
Whimsical gift-giving options for you!
- My Newest Whimsical Holiday Lady celebrates Hanukkah! She appears on Mugs and Greeting Cards. I have created a Holiday character since 2018! So there is a whole series now. I just glanced over to see them arranged on their shelf and that brings me a lot of joy. A teachers gift, a gift for your bestie, stocking stuffers. I think this line is a perfect gift for many. 🙂
- I just released my first 8×10 prints! I am excited to bring this option for art buying/collecting to you. Prints are a wonderful gift, easily shipped and easy to frame with ready made frames.
- Original art – smalls, mediums and large! The functional and joyful cloud ladies are perfect gifts. I have a small inventory because this series is getting a total redesign there will not be any more until spring! Ladies in Red are gorgeous pieces each invoking feminine empowerment; youth, zen, joyful, sassy, independence, and flow. A few inky ones are also available.
- I still have a few stunning brooches! I commissioned these stunning pieces from a local artisan, Kunda art. These beautiful brooches will complete with joy any holiday (or everyday) outfit!
- Art Merchandise. What does this mean? These products are ones manufactured elsewhere and are printed with my designs. Fun items like notebooks, throw pillow cases and holiday stockings too. You must be aware of deadlines which are fast approaching. For Canada & USA, next deadline December 12 for Express Service only for small orders (1-5 items). For more details, see Art of Where’s Holiday Deadline Blog Post.
- New Downloadable Colouring books!! I was inspired by a in studio shopper to make my “Let’s Colour” Colouring book available as a download. You will be able to purchase as a download, the book will then be sent to your inbox and then you can print it out. This is only for personal use, not for resale. Makes for a fun last minute holiday activity with your kiddos and family or for you to find some quiet zen time in the hustle and bustle. If you would like a hard copy, the Maker’s Hub in Winchester is the place to go. As of this posting, they have 6 copies, the very last copies.